JBEUC, the European Consumer Organisation, is looking for a policy officer to reinforce its financial services team to coordinate a project on sustainable finance from the financial consumer perspective. He will report to the Financial Services Team Leader.
The tasks of the position will include to:
- Work closely with BEUC members to better understand consumer needs and awareness about sustainable financial institutions and products such as savings, loans, investments and pensions; market obstacles and how to overcome them;
- Provide intelligence, information and advice to the BEUC secretariat and BEUC member organisations on consumer issues in EU policies relating to sustainable retail finance, including the adoption and implementation of the EU’s sustainable finance strategy;
- Where relevant, support and coordinate BEUC members’ activities in raising consumer awareness of sustainable financial institutions and products;
- Prepare responses to consultations, position papers and technical briefings on these issues;
- Undertake EU advocacy work in these fields including representing BEUC and its member organisations in external meetings and at conferences;
- Maintain and develop contacts with EU officials, MEPs and other relevant stakeholders.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- a University degree in economics, finance or law;
- at least three years of successful professional experience working on EU sustainable finance policies;
- an in-depth knowledge of retail banking products, capital markets, consumer finance and decision-making;
- the ability to write and communicate well in English and preferably also in French – knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
- a good working knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative process;
- a proven ability to understand, appreciate and explain the technical issues which arise in the sustainable finance area;
- a proven interest in understanding, appreciating and articulating the consumer interest in sustainable finance policies;
- ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds;
- team player; ability to perform under pressure; well organised.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the interests of consumers;
- Networking opportunities with numerous stakeholders and decision makers;
- A full-time 12-month fixed term contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, extra-legal paid leave, flexi-time). Upon end of this contract, a follow-up contract could be made available.
Applications for the position should be sent by 7 June 2020 by e-mail to email@example.com with subject line: Sustainable Finance Officer.
The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 8 June 2020, it could take place possibly through videoconferencing.
For immediate entry into function.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents (with your name as title):
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you rather than other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- What are, according to your analysis, the most important challenges EU consumers currently face with regard to sustainable finance?
Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
BEUC is an equal-opportunities employer.